What are the several famous steel structure buildings in the world
What are the several famous steel structure building in the world
1. Bird's NestThe National Stadium (Bird's Nest) is located in the southern part of the central area of Beijing Olympic Park. It was the main stadium for the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. The project covers a total area of 21 hectares, with approximately 91,000 spectator seats in the venue. The opening and closing ceremonies of the Olympic and Paralympic Games, track and field competitions and football finals were held. After the Olympics, it became a large professional venue for Beijing citizens to participate in sports activities and enjoy sports entertainment, and became a landmark sports building and Olympic heritage. Construction started on December 24, 2003 and completed in March 2008, with a total cost of 2.267 billion yuan. As a national landmark, the main stadium of the 2008 Olympic Games and the National Stadium have very significant structural features. The stadium is a super sports building and a large stadium. The main structure is designed to have a service life of 100 years, the fire resistance rating is level 1, the seismic fortification intensity is 8 degrees, and the underground engineering waterproof level is level 1.
2. The Eiffel TowerThe Eiffel Tower (French: La Tour Eiffel; English: Eiffel Tower) stands on the Champ de Mars in Paris, France. It is a world-famous building and a symbol of French culture. It is one of the landmarks of Paris and the tallest building in Paris. It is 300 meters high. The antenna is 24 meters high, with a total height of 324 meters. It was built in 1889 and named after the famous architect and structural engineer Gustave Eiffel who designed it. The design of the iron tower is novel and unique. It is a technological masterpiece in the history of world architecture and an important attraction and prominent symbol of Paris, France.
3. Kuala Lumpur Petronas Twin TowersPetronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur used to be the tallest skyscraper in the world, but it is still the tallest twin tower in the world and the fifth tallest building in the world. Located at the northwest corner of the KLCC planning area in Kuala Lumpur city centre (Kuala Lumpur city centre), it belongs to the first phase of the planning area. The Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur are 452 meters high and have 88 floors above ground. The surface of the building designed by the American architect Cesar Pelli uses a large number of materials such as stainless steel and glass. The Petronas Twin Towers and the neighboring Kuala Lumpur Tower are both well-known landmarks and symbols of Kuala Lumpur.
4. Empire State Building, New YorkThe Empire State Building (Empire State Building) is a famous skyscraper located at 350 Fifth Avenue, West 33rd Street and West 34th Street, Manhattan, New York, New York, USA. The name is derived from the nickname of New York State—Empire State. Therefore, the original meaning of its English name is the New York State Building or the Empire State Building, but the translation of the Empire State Building has been agreed to the secular world and is still in use today. The Empire State Building is one of the most famous landmarks and tourist attractions in New York City and even the United States. It is the 4th tallest skyscraper in the United States and the Americas, and the 25th tallest skyscraper in the world. It is also the tallest skyscraper in the world (1931-1972). ).
5. World Trade BuildingThe World Trade Center (1973-September 11, 2001), located at the southwestern tip of Manhattan Island, New York, bordered by the Hudson River to the west, is one of the landmarks of New York, the United States. The World Trade Center is composed of two towering skyscrapers standing side by side, four 7-story office buildings and a 22-story hotel. It was built from 1962 to 1976. The owner is the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. The World Trade Center was once the tallest twin tower in the world, a landmark of New York City, and it was once one of the tallest buildings in the world. On September 11, 2001, in the September 11 incident that shocked the world, the two main buildings of the World Trade Center collapsed one after another in a terrorist attack, and 2,753 people followed. This was the worst terrorist attack in history.
On November 3, 2014 local time, 13 years after being destroyed, the newly built One World Trade Center in New York officially reopened on the 3rd.
6. Tokyo TV TowerThe TV TOKYO Tower was completed in December 1958. It was opened to tourists in July 1968. The tower is 333 meters high and covers an area of 2118 square meters. On September 27, 1998, Tokyo will build the world’s tallest TV tower. The tallest independent tower in Japan is 13 meters longer than the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France. The building materials used are half of the Eiffel Tower. One-third of the time it took to construct the Eiffel Tower shocked the world at that time.
7. Chicago Hills TowerSears Tower. In 2009, Willis Group, an insurance brokerage company headquartered in London, agreed to lease a large proportion of the building as an office building, and at the same time obtained the naming rights for the building as part of the contract. At 10:00 on July 16, 2009, the official name of the building was officially changed to Willis Group Building. The Sears Tower has 110 floors and was once the tallest office building in the world. About 16,500 people come to work here every day. On the 103rd floor, there is an observation deck for tourists to overlook the city. It is 442 meters above the ground, and 4 states in the United States can be seen when the weather is clear.
8. Burj Al Arab HotelDe La Tour Hotel Arabia, located in the Gulf of Dubai, UAE, is famous for its magnificence and luxury.
The Burj Al Arab Hotel is also known as the Burj Al Arab Hotel because it looks like a sail. The hotel is built on an artificial island in the Persian Gulf 280 meters away from the beach. It is connected to the land by a curved road. It has 56 floors and is 321 meters high. At the top of the hotel there is an apron with a cantilever beam structure extending from the edge of the building.
9.San Francisco Golden Gate BridgeThe Golden Gate Bridge (English: Golden Gate Bridge), standing above the Golden Gate Strait in San Francisco, California, is one of the world's famous bridges and a miracle of modern bridge engineering.
The bridge is more than 1,900 meters in length and lasted 4 years. It was built using more than 100,000 tons of steel at a cost of 35.5 million U.S. dollars. It was designed by bridge engineer Joseph Strauss (1870—1938). Because of its historical value, Britain and the United States co-produced a documentary of the same name in 2007.